Submitted by LSL on Wed, 08/08/2012 - 10:15
Multiple Research Scientist Positions Available
Learning Sciences Laboratory
National Institute of Education,Singapore
The Learning Sciences Lab (LSL) conducts interventionist educational research grounded in theories and research methodologies of the interdisciplinary field of the Learning Sciences. As the first of its kind in Asia, LSL’s community of scholars methodically develop and rigorously examine a wide range of designs for learning and teaching in real ecologies, both in and out of Singapore schools.
Research Scientists (multiple open positions)
Successful candidates will be expected to propose and conduct learning sciences research related to major areas of study in the learning sciences, as well as assist the organization to develop research agendas that cut across various projects in the Learning Sciences Lab.
Qualifications: PhD in a relevant field with experience in designing and carrying out an interventionist research agenda, demonstrated ability to compete for grants and publish, and excellent communication (verbal and written English).
Candidates who will have completed their doctoral studies by Dec 2012 are also welcome to apply.
As soon as possible. Review of applicants will be on a rolling basis, and will continue until the positions are filled.
Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualification and experience.
Please send all enquiries and applications to Faith Koh at email@example.com. In your application package, please include (a) a cover letter that communicates your current and future contributions in your research area and explains your suitability for the position, (b) a curriculum vita, (c) names and contact information for 3 references, and (d) sample publications or writings related to the position applied for. Please also include your desired start date of employment in your cover letter.
- LSL's presence at GCCCE 2013
- Media interview with Dr Manu Kapur on "VoicesTODAY"
- Productive Failure was featured in KQED Public Media for Nothern California
- "Legends of Alkhimia" cited in New Media Consortium's Horizon Report 2012
- Launching Ceremony for Scaling up "MyCLOUD" in five primary schools
- LSL Open House 2012, November
- NIE and LSL in the News
- The 20th International Conference on Computers in Education, ICCE 2012
- "Productive Failure" featured in The Australian
- Time IDEAS feature our research in "Productive Failure"